The crib

by - December 26, 2011

2011 Christmas is here, it is a time to prepare for Christmas. We were busy collecting stars and angels, flowers and snow, glitterier and lightings to prepare the crib where we have to place in the manger. We all were happy trying our ideas and skills at our best. It took us almost 4 days to complete with the finishing touch. I got a question ring in my mind when I was making the manger where the baby Jesus was to be laid. The manger was made of straw, some pieces of thermocoil, and some thick papers. It looks good but it was not a good place to sleep on. I remember the question that came in my mind at that time…’ the manger is just a decoration, what matters is your heart. Have you prepared your heart for Jesus to come to you with good tidings, joy and peace, and eternal life? Or are you just celebrating a celebration? Every year we celebrate Christmas, for some, it is another celebration, for some it’s a time of gift and buying new things, for some, it’s a time of merrymaking and drinking. Like my pastors said ‘everyone will have their own explanations……’. Do we understand the real meaning of Christmas? Are we valuing it? We all know it’s a time for joy and celebrations and this is because Jesus the Son of God was born to save humankind from sin and to give eternal life. This Christmas I got the privileged to attend in three churches, most of the message was about the Gift of Christmas. The gift has been sent to you and me with our name written on it. We have to receive it and share it with others too. I met many friends, had a good time but my Christmas doesn’t end with joy in my heart. I found myself feeling lonely and not very happy inside. No wonder this can happen to anyone when you do not prepare yourself well to receive the joy of Christmas. I believed that God is not happy too when we are not happy. But silly me, He knows all my weaknesses and shortcoming. I am still his most loved and most spoiled child.
2011 will be over in five days from now. I pray and hope that he will help me to LEARN how to love Him more, to seek Him more, and to stay closer to Him so that I unwrap my 2012 gift with joy, peace, and happiness.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Travelling Diaries

Pages - Menu

Travelling

Technology