The Winter Breeze

by - September 30, 2011

I wake up from my cozy bed to start my daily routine, got out at the balcony to get fresh air.
The cool wind has dropped the temperature amazingly here in Delhi. It reminds me of home, good times, and delicious food. Oh, how I wish to be home again. By this time my mom will start getting the firewoods stock for the coming winter. She will be busy stocking grains and vegetables, preparing our home and garden before the cold hits. I always remember 20 years back the whole town prepares with enthusiasm for the coming festive season by early October.
The joy of harvest and the festive moods comes with the winter breeze. Every child prepares and get ready for the final term while the parent’s busy planning for family get together, thanksgiving, and most importantly to have enough stock, the best animal for the festival. Christmas songs start playing on the radio…Jingle bell Jingle bell jingle all the way…, the choir gets ready with hymn and chorus for the festival. The best memory is the Christmas feast plan by the church leaders for the whole church member,
It's always a big feast where one gets to enjoy food on a fresh banana leaf seating on a bamboo bench.

Time has really flown. Before I knew I have grown up to a woman, trying to manage all my needs and responsibilities alone. I miss the days when I used to go shopping for my Christmas dress as a little girl with my father at Tamenglong bazaar where most of the products are from Moreh. I can remember last Christmas like it was last week. But now as time brings changes in the season, the world and society changed too. Now, I do all my shopping from fancy shopping malls where I get the entire international brands. I send the best and warmest cloth for home so that my mom doesn’t have to spend her days and energy weaving cloth from Moreh yarn to wear in winter. Many people buy the best music system with the latest technology to play the latest Christmas album. I know we have lots of entertainment, delicious food and a beautiful dress which the metropolitan city has brought in our life. I know after 5 years from now we will be in another higher standard lifestyle.

But I will always miss the Christmas feast, Christmas joy, and the Christmas songs in the radio.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Travelling Diaries

Pages - Menu

Travelling

Technology